When attempting to print using Calendar Creator™ 12, some parts of the calendar print incorrectly or the calendar does not print at all. Outdated or corrupt printer drivers can cause this issue. In addition, conflicts with the video driver or incorrect settings can cause various printing issues. Troubleshooting these areas will help to identify the source or sources of the issue. Consult the remainder of this technical note for the procedures.
To help resolve the issue, install a different printer driver to emulate the printer and select that printer when printing from the program.
Printer Emulation: Changing the Printer Driver
- Contact the printer manufacturer for the driver or drivers that will emulate the specific printer in use and installation instructions.
NOTE: There are known printing issues on some systems when using the HP® DeskJet® 680C. If the printer is an HP® DeskJet® 680C printer, try the HP® DeskJet® 550C printer driver for the emulation.
- With the emulation printer driver installed, click Start, select Settings and click Printers. The Printers window will open displaying the printer and fax drivers currently installed.
For Windows®, click Start and click Control Panel. In the Control Panel, double-click Printers and Faxes. The Printers and Faxes window will open displaying the printer and fax drivers currently installed.
- Right-click the icon that represents the printer driver that was installed to emulate the printer.
- From the menu that appears, click (left mouse button) Set as Default or Set as Default Printer. This will set the emulation driver as the default printer driver.
- Close the Printers or Printers and Faxes (Windows® XP) window.
- Launch Calendar Creator™ 12 and try printing using the new printer driver that was installed.
NOTE: If the printing issue continues, close Calendar Creator™ 12 and repeat the above procedure selecting another emulation driver in Step 3. If no other emulation drivers are installed, the information that follows identifies other possible causes of print-related issues.
Font Reduction Feature Enabled
- Choose File from the menu bar and select Preferences.
- Click the Overflow tab.
- Either uncheck the Reduce Font Size option or change the point size.
Video Driver Conflict
Conflicts with video drivers can cause the Print Preview to display improperly and may affect the printed output. The most common results are reduced font size or changes in font style. Contact the computer or video card manufacturer. Typically, the most recent drivers can be downloaded from the computer or video card manufacturer’s website.
Multi-function or Postscript Printers
Calendar Creator™ 12 is incompatible with most multi-function and postscript printers. Currently there are no resolutions for printing issues that occur when these printers are used.