Print Shop 23 Pro Publisher Deluxe, The
Basic Printer Troubleshooting
Printing issues typically occur when the communication between the program and the printer breaks down. On older systems this can be caused by using a bad printer cable or using a print switcher. Most often, issues are caused by low resources, outdated or corrupt printer drivers, or memory conflicts.
To attempt to resolve these issues, try the following steps:
Before you begin, please make sure that you have the correct color in all of the text boxes. If you have selected a color (example:blue text) and your printer is black and white, change the color to black.
NOTE: This is the limit to the information we have on printing issues at this time. If this solution did not resolve the issue you are having, please use the following resources.
Restart the computer to purge all information in RAM. Make sure the printer is installed per the instructions of the manufacturer.
Change the Printer's Spool settings and Graphic settings
Click on Start
Click on Printers and Faxes
Right-click on your Printer and choose Properties
Under Printer Properties, select the ADVANCED tab
Click on the PRINT PROCESSOR... button towards the bottom of the window
Click on Change "Default Data Type" to RAW (it may already be on this setting).
Click on Print directly to the printer located in the center of the window.
Then click on OK.
Now Select the GRAPHICS or COLOR tab. If there is an option for RASTER MODE, select this mode.
Then lower the DPI setting and click on OK.
Also, make sure that the Print Mode is set to Normal and not Best.
Close the Printer Properties window by clicking on OK.
Set the printer as default Printer. Right-click on the Printer icon in the Printers Window and select "Set as Default" to place a check mark by this option.
- Print from the program.
- If these options do not correct this problem, try printing from MS Paint (Start, Programs, Accessories). MS Paint prints in graphics (raster) mode. Many of other programs will only use text (vector) mode. If errors occur when printing in MS Paint, contact the printer's manufacturer for help configuring the printer properly for graphics mode.
- Also, many printer problems can be resolved by the newest drivers for the printer. Contact the printer's manufacturer for the latest printer drivers for the printer. These drivers will often correct errors and may also improve the performance of the printer. Drivers are usually available for free download. Also, some printer manufacturers may recommend updating the printer memory. Consult the printer's manufacturer for assistance.
- If none of these steps resolve these print errors, the printer driver may have become corrupt. Uninstall and reinstall the printer driver. -Delete the Printer Icon from the Printer Window (START, SETTINGS, PRINTERS) by highlighting the Printer Icon and selecting Delete from the File Menu. Note: Some printers can only be uninstalled using their uninstaller utility. The uninstaller should be located in the Printer Manufacturer’s Folder located in the Programs Menu. -Reinstall the printer. Use ADD Printer icon under START, SETTINGS, PRINTERS, or if the printer comes with its own Driver disk, run the Setup program according to the disk instructions. -Now try printing.
1. Check with your printer manufacturer to ensure there is not a known issue.
2. Check back on our support site (http://support.encore.com) for any updates to our printer issues on this title.
3. Utilize your options for either a refund or an exchange. Our returns policy can be found at http://support.encore.com/customerservice/refunds.aspx.
Was this information helpful?
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Support for this product is limited to our support site knowledgebase only.
You can return to the knowledgebase search page or you can also visit our web forums at forums.encoreusa.com
Many customers have common questions. Before contacting Customer Support, please browse our most common topics. You may find the answer right here!